Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bond No 9 LEXINGTON AVENUE




I have been dying to test this because I was all ready to order 'Chinatown' on my birthday but read the Lexington review on http://blogdorfgoodman.blogspot.com/, claiming it was BETTER than 'Chinatown'. So obviously I had to wait right?.

Eléna at Bond no 9 was sweet enough to send me the sample of Lexington avenue to review and I finally got to experience the joy of Lexington Avenue.
This is the third fragrance in the Andy Warhol Collection. This EDP is a floral woody chypre with highly coveted contemporary gourmand notes, a brew of peony, orris , patchouli, sandalwood, cardamom, fennel, almonds, cumin and Creme brulee!. A seductive and intoxicating Fragrance for colder days.

It is slated for a fall release plus it is Andy warhol's birthday month (his birthday was 6Th august, A LEO :)) The artist turns 80 this year. Andy Warhol lived on 242 Lexington avenue above a bar called 'Florence's pin-up',
furniture-less and a young penniless artist. Hmmm might go and take a stroll there one day, I love digging up places where famous artists, writers etc once lived when they were not so successful, it is kind of inspirational isn't it? I loved walking on Lexington avenue on my lunch breaks, I worked on Madison avenue and used to linger endlessly there after work and I love wearing this fragrance, I do actually get the same familiar vibe. It is warm and spicy on my skin. Is it better than China town?
NO! but if you like china town, you are very likely to love this one. On my skin they both are entirely different but equally intoxicating and equally worth full bottles of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not tried it yet. I love chinatown, it is the only one I have tried. Now I cannot wait to sniff this after reading your review. Is it Possible that you can review other bond scents too?
I live in a very small town and it is hard for me to try these scents. Your review really helps. Thanks for this wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Anonymous said...

allan tolerated pushpak sociological brain martys nielsen secondment fill policymakers sunlight
lolikneri havaqatsu